Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Second Look: We Remain a Plodding Giant

I am, of course, a big fan of Obama and I am glad that he is keeping us safe. I am very gratified that he brought bin Laden to justice and think our military does a wonderful job. That said, why did it take so long?

I'm not referring to years, rather to months. US intelligence believed in August - eight months ago - that they may have located the arch terrorist. In mid-February - over two months ago - they were all but certain. It seems that if OBL simply moved every couple of months (if not every eight), he would be safe from the plodding giant.

Hags correctly points out that terrorism will be beat the way we killed Osama, not by a land army massed on frontiers. If that is the case, we have got to be nimble. We have to be able to strike on near moments notice. I'm not kidding. I am shocked as I read the OBL kill timeline. The bastard had all kinds of opportunity to escape - again. If we are 90% certain we have a high-value AQ target, probably their leader, on February 10th, we should be knocking on the door on February 11th. We NEED that kind of capability. In this era of terrorism and potential loose nukes, time is a luxury we cannot afford.

No comments: