Saturday, July 30, 2011

Three years ago, Max Eden made phone calls and spent weekends in New Hampshireworking for Barak Obama's presidential campaign.

Today, the 22-year-old recent graduate of Yale University says Obama "very, very gradually lost me." Eden is co-founder of a national group called Students for Solvency, which advocates for a sustainable national budget. Eden now supports former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman,  a Republican, for president next year, and is living in Cleveland with his mother and looking for a job.

"I was attracted to the same thing everyone else was attracted to," Eden said of Obama. "I wasn't sure what he would do, but I believed in that hope and change."

Now, he said, "we're graduating college, facing our own debt, and having trouble finding jobs."

1 comment:

Baxter said...

Huntsman would be my choice if I were voting Republican. Unfortunately, he doesn't stand a chance in today's radical party of the right.