Monday, February 8, 2010

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.

No, Rich is not a bigot, not even remotely.  As the person who knows him best (perhaps excepting Eric) on the blog I can, without reservation, state that despite his Liberal view of the "issues" he does not have a racist-bigoted bone in his body.
His issues are not the "issue".

But before I rip into Rich, let me chide my fellow bloggers. Sara left over the word evolution and Tom over an misunderstanding that Rich was referring to Sara as a Redneck, when he was (sarcastically) wishing her well for her Nashville speech this past weekend.  Honestly, not much there.

Hags (and of course you are entitled to your opinion) seems to be making much over complementing Jewish Democrats for their intelligence. You have a point, especially as you contrasted it to a hypothetical derisive comment about blacks, but that makes for debate and growth and well...a political blog, not disengagement.

But Rich, you have driven out/pissed off 4 fellow bloggers, a blog you love to participate in and are a valuable contributor.  Folks have posted stuff about condescending liberals.  Replies have been written that you respond without seeming to have read what is actually in our posts.  You make fun of my spelling:),  So, get a clue Lou, we are not running for office, we are having a debate.  Be nicer.

OK, kiss, kiss, hug, hug, all done, now lets get back to business.

3 comments:

Baxter said...

Excellent post. And thank you.

terry said...

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”
Lance Armstrong.
Let's get real THERE IS NOTHING THAT SHOULD JUSTIFY QUITTING THE BLOG> What did you get in for to have your ideas praised. I do not believe anyone on this blog is a racist especially the liberals for Christ's sake.( a joke)
This is about exchanging ideas. Heck I thought everybody on this blog understood the 1st Amendament "The right to say what you want, no matter how how strong you disagree with it."
I don't believe Baxter has driven off 4 bloggers Jim, they have decided to follow what Sara Palin espouses when it's too hot in the Kitchen QUIT.(another joke)
Man are we sensitive. Anyway excellent post Jim and for what it is worth I agree.

Let's agree that all the people on this blog are down deep people, great people that care about human beings I know many of them, just some have a different opinion on how to govern each other.
Love baby spread it around

Hags said...

I have not left and will not leave the blog. I am occasionally too busy for the blog, as in the past few days.

I pay very close attention to the use of words, after all, words are all that a blog has. But I am not particularly sensitive. However, there are certain human behaviors I find repugnant, and which I do not let pass.

Words matter, particularly when they come from those who are knowledgeable of their meaning.

I will continue to post and I will continue to respond when I have something to say.

All the best.

Hags