Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Journal is HOT.

Barack Obama's Expensive Domestic Agenda Will Cost America's Middle Class - WSJ.com

Barack Obama's Budget Proposal Will Expand Government Permanently - WSJ.com

Barack Obama Commits to a U.S. Transitional Force in Iraq - WSJ.com

The right is finding its voice of opposition. I hope we succeed before this B-----d completely bankrupts our country.

OK, blog readers, show of hands (metaphorical, I mean, please comment), how many intend to change economic behaviour and financial planning (read tax avoidance) in response to the new "O" taxes and welfare state?

Thomas Fleming Asks Whether George W. Bush Was the Worst President - WSJ.com

5 comments:

Baxter said...

I will hunker down so long as the Bush Economy remains. Once we are out of this meltdown, I will attempt to pay as much in taxes as possible - by way of robust and sustainable earnings. Just like the '90s!

Gary Ponzo said...

I will stop spending, like anyone would. I'll keep my money in a 3% money market account and stay home more. Unfortunately, the people who need my money the most won't get it. They're the ones who will hurt the most.

Baxter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baxter said...

Gary -

You will stop or slow spending only to the extent that your income after taxes decreases. If you are like most people making $250K or more, the general economy is far more relevant to your net income than 4.6 points on the margin.

How did it go in the '90s when the Republicans predicted doom as a consequence of 1993 budget bill?

Gary Ponzo said...

All I'm saying is don't take breast meat off of the goose that lays the golden eggs. Yeah, we could use the breast meat to feed the hungry, but big picture here please.

And trust me I'm not talking about me at all. I'm talking about the millionaires and billionaires and etc. . . I need them. We need them. Without them we're all doomed.