Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No tingle up my legs, nothing.

America we are broke and need to get back to work. So I am going to sign a Pork laden budget bill, after signing a Pork laden stimulus then, of course I am going to Nationalize a large, important part of our economy (health care) and implement a dramatic new system of economic management (Carbon offsets) to cure a problem which may or may not be present.

Basically, I am taking over.

And fun? No mas. No corporate travel anymore. Don't you understand? It is my job to decide how much fun these Government run financial institutions get to have and besides it gets me populist votes. What? The resorts? I will just keep staying at the bankrupt ones, just my presence will fill their rooms.

And CEO pay? You bet! They are the worst aren't they? As always, if we have a significant distortion in the free market which fits our recipe for stoking the fire of class warfare, we will use it as an excuse to take over rather than let free people in a free market correct the problem. That guy in AZ, Terry, who just loves me, really loves this kind of stuff.

Last night was a real winner, did you see how in the spirit of Bipartisanship the first thing I said was that we spent the surplus on the "rich"? Everyone knows we should have kept the money and spent it on "social justice". Yes, yes I know that letting the "rich" keep their money really just puts it directly in the economy rather than through the government filter, but hey, we are just so much better at knowing where it should go.

Question? Sure. Halving the debt? Yes I said that. Only increasing taxes on a small portion of the population? Well of course, they are the "rich" you know. Shared sacrifice? Another day.

What? Well of course, we can halve the deficit by stopping the war in Iraq and taxing 5% of the country and micromanaging the economy

Holman Jenkins Says Barack Obama's Ideas on the Environment, Social Security and Taxes Are Democratic Indulgences - WSJ.com

1 comment:

Baxter said...

You probably would have given a better GOP response last night than Bobby J, who was awful.

Bush tax cuts are merely expiring - going back to Clinton levels. Did you whine like that in the '90's?

Haven't you heard about the post-partisan era? ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.