Friday, October 3, 2008

VP Debate

Okay, at the risk of offending all women and most Republicans, and especially Republican women, this is what the debate sounded like to me:

Biden: "So there I was discussing the Cuban missile crisis with JFK when Khruschev calls and demands we turn over Florida to the Communist Party within 20 minutes or Russia wil destroy the east coast of America. Boy, that was the longest 20 minutes of my life."

Palin: "When I was a little girl in Moosesprings Alaska, my mom told me, 'Be nice to people and they will spread democracy throughout the planet.'"

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Thank you Gary - not only am I not offended...Here, Here!

Hags said...

That was funny.

i do like funny.

Thanks for that.

OBTW, I had a different take. (1) Two politicians were running the plays they were given. (2) Obama's first opportunity to demonstrate what he means by Change was to pick Biden. Joe Biden is a fine guy, but can anyone possibly believe that he represents change. I don't think so. McCain picked Palin. You don't have to like her, but her credentials as a change agent are irrefutable. Admittedly, the stage was smaller, but she has affected change.

Again, thanks for the clever post.